Kelsey grew up in middle America, where she learned to ride horses and value good weather. She is now a permanent resident of South Africa, because we have stolen her heart. She is the founder of Crave Pictures, a boutique production company based in Cape Town, and offers her services as a freelance director, writer, script editor and actress (Fria’s superfoods – Phew, that’s a mouthful!). Her films have received distribution and recognition both locally and abroad. When not tucked behind her laptop or making things happen on set, she’s generally either training or stretching.
Photo credit: Frank Ellis
Eating clean is incredibly important to me, not just because it helps me maintain the body I want, but because I actually used to make myself ill when I consumed refined carbohydrates and sugar.
Ten things to know about Kelsey
- Her only family in South Africa is an 8-year-old rescue terrier-mix named Tumelo, whom she also calls The Bunny Monster.
- She loves eating healthily, but binges on Woolies raisin, toffee and shortbread CHUCKLES every few weeks. She buys one packet of each and dumps them all in one bowl.
- She has a six pack. Just check out that definition in the picture below.
Photo credit: Frank Ellis
- She was cast on the Physical Stunt Team for Mad Max: Fury Road. (Fria’s superfoods: Kelsey argues that it sounds quite impressive, but really she only spent 6 weeks up in Swakopmund riding around on the War Rig while everyone else did all the hard stuff. I will envy her forever because she met my all-time favourite actor, Tom Hardy).
- Her favourite go-to lunch is sugar snap peas and salami.
- She swears a lot. Like, a whole lot.
- She is only 1,54 meters tall.
- She has a guilt-free oatmeal pancake recipe that she makes every weekend and she is willing to share it with all of us! You can find the recipe here.
- She drinks about ten cups of chai tea every day.
- She will always make you feel appreciated. Just do her a favour, you will see what I mean.
Why did you want to become an ambassador for Fria’s superfoods?
Eating clean is incredibly important to me, not just because it helps me maintain the body I want, but because I actually used to make myself ill when I consumed refined carbohydrates and sugar. Growing up on a carbohydrate-heavy diet, I always thought it was normal to have an upset stomach after eating. Low and behold, when I finally found the willpower to cut out carbohydrates completely in my mid-twenties, those stomach issues disappeared.
I also know that cutting sugar has been instrumental in keeping my weight where I want it. Now, when I do have sugar, I feel jittery and get headaches.
Fria’s superfoods allows me to indulge in yummy treats guilt free!!!
Need to hire Kelsey? Have a look at her work on www.cravepictures.co.za.