- A few handfuls of basil
- Half a cup of olive oil (use until you reach your desired consistency)
- A pinch salt
- A few cloves of garlic
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- Pasta of your choice
- Some cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of dried oregano
Optional: Some pine nuts or cashew (Fria’s superfoods: preferably sprouted!)
- Take your basil and chuck them in the blender with olive oil, salt, a clove of garlic, and squeeze some lemon juice on top. If you have pine nuts or cashews, throw some in, but they’re not essential. Grind them in the blender until you get a chunky pesto.
- Cook the pasta and grill the tomatoes in the pan with some olive oil, garlic, finely chopped onions and dried oregano.
- Once the pasta is cooked, combine it with the pesto and dish out the tomatoes on top.
Comfort food, minus any weird ingredients!