(Fria’s superfoods – Kelsey is from America, so when she refers to “pancakes”, she actually means “crumpets”).
- 2 cups ground gluten-free oats (I just grind it in a nut grinder)
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 200 ml milk, but adjust it to get your batter’s consistency right
- 1 tablespoon honey
- A pinch salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- A quarter teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Combine all the ingredients, except for the eggs in a food processor.
- Add the eggs and mix until just combined. Your batter shouldn’t be too runny.
- Heat coconut oil in a non-stick pan on the highest setting possible.
- Drop quarter cups of batter into the pan. The heat should be high enough so that bubbles appear in your butter within 10 seconds.
- Cook on the other site until light-brown.
- Serve with bacon, 100% maple syrup, blackberries, raspberries, papaya, cacao nibs, double-cream yogurt, sprouted nuts and seeds or just anything your heart desires!